Author Topic: Dan's Hag Flight 05/03/17  (Read 2219 times)

Dan Bishop-Adams

• Administrator
  • Legendary Poster
Dan's Hag Flight 05/03/17
« on: February 07, 2017, 03:52:49 pm »
Hi All,

I am pleased to announce that my 'hag flight' will take place on 5th March. There will be a re-run of the event for those who cannot make this date, but the second date is yet to be confirmed.

The flight will be Bristol EGGD to St Denis/La RĂ©union FMEE and should take around 11:30 depending on weather. It is possible to get a MD11 and B772 out of Bristol with sufficient fuel for this trip; however should you prefer to fly from Cardiff then that is fine.

Departure (wheels up) will be at 09:30 local time, which means we should easily be there by 21:00. Aim to be online by 9am.

At the moment, the route is BADIM DCT GAVGO UL18 MID UL612 MILPA UM730 ATMAD M730 TOP L50 MASOT M728 BELIX UM728 SALUN UL604 NODLA P557 NUBAR UA727 KTM UR611 TIKAT UG300 MAV UM665G ITLOX UM665 UVESO DCT DENLI UR780 UVENA (amended 02/03/17). **ROUTE RESTRICTION - NO HIGHER THAN FL330 AS FAR AS BELIX**

Scenery is available by FSDG http://fsdg-online.com/home/50-reunion.html - but be advised there is a slight glitch at the thresholds of runways 12 & 14 which causes some aircraft to suddenly drop to the ground on final. To avoid this, approach slightly higher and aim to touchdown at the RWY 14/12 intersection.

Because I am kind I have also uploaded a zip file containing the relevant charts for FMEE so no one has to go digging around - https://www.dropbox.com/s/v31hy1dfcyaxc4e/FMEE%20Charts.zip?dl=0

Finally, the only other requirement of the day (for those able) is to ensure sufficient alcohol is consumed throughout the flight. I will allow a few hours grace as it is the morning, but from midday the booze should be flowing!

Hope most of you can make it!

Oh, and heres the banner:

Feel free to use it as you see fit!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 02:17:17 pm by Dan Adams »
Dan Bishop-Adams CLF1/SAV1
VBFC/Severnair Director
www.severnair.co.uk
www.vbfc.co.uk

Dan Bishop-Adams

• Administrator
  • Legendary Poster
Re: Dan's Hag Flight 05/03/17
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 09:01:32 pm »
Right chaps its a week away. Time to start thinking about your setup, scenery etc. If you're getting the FSDG RĂ©union scenery then get it installed, set up and tested for any unexpected crashes or performance issues (works fine for me in P3D). You don't want to get to the end of a 11 1/2 hour flight to then get a problem prior to landing.

Another thing to consider is FSUIPC autosave; make sure that is set up properly. Especially those of you taking the 747 since its new and you may need to put some additional entries in your fsuipc.ini file to ensure the autosave works correctly with the aircraft (especially since it is hardly VAS friendly!)

Watch this space for an up to date route...

Look forward to it! Don't forget to stock up on your chosen alcoholic beverage!
VBFC/Severnair Director
www.severnair.co.uk
www.vbfc.co.uk

Alex Hodgkinson

• SevernAir
  • Regular Poster
  • Little bit big stuff!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 12:03:44 pm »
Because I can't make the 5th. I'll either do an overnighter Friday night or an early start Saturday. I shall check in with you on Sunday, hope all goes well!
Failed RTSM Applicant
Failed Operations Director Applicant
Failed Aerodrome Operations Coordinator

Dan Bishop-Adams

• Administrator
  • Legendary Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 03:55:47 pm »
For those who may need to join en-route, here is a list of airport options from which to depart:

LFPO
LFLL
LFMN
LFKJ
LSGG
LIMF
LIRP
LIRF
LIRN
LICC
LMML
LGIR
LGKL
HECA
HESH
HELX
HAAB

Please only choose this option if absolutely necessary as I would prefer as many people as possible to do the whole route :)
VBFC/Severnair Director
www.severnair.co.uk
www.vbfc.co.uk

Bradley D

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 08:55:10 pm »
What is your ETA? I may pop on for 5 minutes at about 7ish to see how many people are dead.
Vice President Team 8374 - Severnair logistical community marketing department.
President - Severnair online redevelopment and regeneration programme.
Tablet FMC Focus Group Team
Longest forum ban record holder

Dan Bishop-Adams

• Administrator
  • Legendary Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 09:26:02 pm »
Flight takes circa 11 1/2 hrs depending on the windypops. So if we are airborne by 0930 we should land by 2100.
VBFC/Severnair Director
www.severnair.co.uk
www.vbfc.co.uk

Dan Bishop-Adams

• Administrator
  • Legendary Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 06:43:09 pm »
Route updated chaps - this should now be our route for Sunday, unless there are some sort of weekend restrictions on some routes (I'll check again on Saturday).
VBFC/Severnair Director
www.severnair.co.uk
www.vbfc.co.uk

Trevor Hannant

• SevernAir Staff
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 01:32:27 pm »
8 set off, most made it in some form or another!   Only a few pics taken:

Severnair Tug on pushback duty!

From back to front - Tony, Dan, Trev W, Trev H: