Severnair Callsign Policy

Started by Dan Bishop-Adams, January 21, 2014, 08:02:00 PM

« previous - next »

Dan Bishop-Adams

Hi All,

Of late I have seen SAV pilots flying with some callsigns other than those that should be used according to the existing SAV Callsign Policy. After discussion with some members, it has become apparent that some pilots would like the choice of alternative callsigns when flying non-scheduled/charter flights.

Therefore, the following policy is effective immediately:

>All flights flown according to the schedules must be flown using the appropriate callsign as shown on the schedule;

>Any non-scheduled flights may be flown using your PID with a P or F suffix to denote a positioning or ferry flight. Should you not wish to use your PID, then the following callsigns are available for use for general, ad-hoc, positioning or ferry flights:
SAV5001-5999
SAV7001-8999
Examples: SAV5346, SAV7004, SAV8133 etc

>At pilots discretion, pilots may use the suffix E with their PID when partaking in an event. The suffix X can be used for Christmas events.

>Any training flights must be flown using PID with suffix T. E.g. SAV001T.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Dan Bishop-Adams CLF1/SAV1
VBFC/Severnair Director
www.severnair.co.uk
www.vbfc.co.uk

Bradley D

I, Bradley De-Lar, hereby claim ownership of callsign severnair seven seven seven seven (SAV7777). Anyone found using this callsign will be obliterated from the face of the Earth. Thank you for your cooperation.
Vice President Team 8374 - Severnair logistical community marketing department.
President - Severnair online redevelopment and regeneration programme.
Tablet FMC Focus Group Team
Longest forum ban record holder

Dan Bishop-Adams

You just want to tongue-tie the controllers!
VBFC/Severnair Director
www.severnair.co.uk
www.vbfc.co.uk

Stuart Duncan

I quite like my SAV14P callsign.  I might go all American on my callsign's ass and become "Fourteen Papa!"

Dan Bishop-Adams

Quote from: Stuart Duncan on January 21, 2014, 10:02:09 PM
I quite like my SAV14P callsign.  I might go all American on my callsign's ass and become "Fourteen Papa!"

Oh dear lord.
VBFC/Severnair Director
www.severnair.co.uk
www.vbfc.co.uk

Callum Goldthorpe

Assistant Senior Deputy Vice President of New Software Tester, Windows 10 & Google Products.
President Chief Content Communications Officer of Uninteresting Facts and Editorial Books
Once banned for calling Cockit a Cock sucker