Author Topic: Scheduled Service Events  (Read 1725 times)

Trevor Watchorn

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
Scheduled Service Events
« on: April 02, 2009, 12:11:46 pm »
Here is an idea for an event. Please post your feedback.

It involves doing flights from the SAV schedules. Basically, a group of pilots choose a section of a certain aircraft's schedule. The first pilot flies the first one or two legs, the second pilot then takes over the aircraft to fly the next leg or two and so on depending on the number of pilots in the group. In the unlikely event of over-subscription, then another service could be flown. It would obviously involve considerable liaison between the group members and timings etc would need to be closely coordinated in order to run the services on time. Needless to say, members of the group would have to have the chosen aircraft downloaded! What do you say?

Dan Bishop-Adams

• Administrator
  • Legendary Poster
Re: Scheduled Service Events
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:14:16 pm »
Sounds like an idea Trev.

Your suggestion brings another idea to my mind; a general Severnair flyout from Bristol or other designated base airport, where pilots just fly the schedule of their choice, departing around the same time. Maybe we could do both sometime?
Dan Bishop-Adams CLF1/SAV1
VBFC/Severnair Director
www.severnair.co.uk
www.vbfc.co.uk

china

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 11:48:58 pm »
I would like to be involved, clearly depends on time and day so it does not get in the way of work or early starts that i usually have.  Sat nights are usually good or departing around 18.30.  It would be good to do a round trip from Bristol on a Severnair scheduled flight that is around 2 to 2 and half hours.

Ade

Norman

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 08:03:38 am »
I like both ideas and have my aircraft standing by.

A twist on Dan?s is a general Severnair FLYIN to Bristol.
This would involve setting a time to arrive at Bristol leaving the route down to the pilots.

Pilots would have to work out how much time they have for the flight then go to the schedules and pick a flight that would arrive on time.

Dan Bishop-Adams

• Administrator
  • Legendary Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 06:27:48 pm »
Another good idea, Norm. Im glad you all have your brains working! Keep going!
Dan Bishop-Adams CLF1/SAV1
VBFC/Severnair Director
www.severnair.co.uk
www.vbfc.co.uk