Author Topic: Proposed Gibraltar Event.  (Read 1368 times)

Trevor Watchorn

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
Proposed Gibraltar Event.
« on: October 26, 2008, 09:32:22 am »
I copy below an e-mail from Tony Evans:

Hi guys, I posted the following in the VATSIM-UK Military Forum and would like to invite all to the event. If you could please contact myself or a VATUK-MIL contact with details on numbers it'd be appreciated. Also if you know anyone else who would be interested (even though I plan to have this broadcast on both UK and .Net forums) could you please pass on my email for contact. " Hi guys,

As you know since I have joined VATSIM I've been here asking for a couple of events on the Rock and here I am again  .

It's been going through my head for a couple of days now, to have Gibraltar opened up again for the civilian and military members of our community. This time though I'm thinking big  . After some research I've learnt that United Virtual have done an event to the Rock before and there are many virtual airlines that fly to the Rock (according to Google  ).

Looking at my calendar I think either Tuesday the 11th November or Tuesday the 18th November running from 1900z through to 2200z. I have reason to believe that Madrid Radar will likely be online at this time allowing for complete collaboration from the North of Spain all the way into Gibraltar Approach and onto the blocks.

I think that we could have a major event with traffic mostly coming from the UK but airlines and air forces from all over the world.
I shall pass on the idea to various VAs and vAFs but would like to know if everyone is interested in the idea.

Thanks,
Tony" Thanks,Tony

Sounds like fun to me. Anybody else?

Dan Bishop-Adams

• Administrator
  • Legendary Poster
Re: Proposed Gibraltar Event.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 09:59:56 am »
Sounds good Trev, not sure If I'll be able to make it. I got a feeling Im on days on the 19th thus would need an early night on 18th.  Im unavailable on 11th as Im on days on 11th and 12th.
Dan Bishop-Adams CLF1/SAV1
VBFC/Severnair Director
www.severnair.co.uk
www.vbfc.co.uk